Olive Oil is the cornerstone of the Mediterranean Diet. Not only does it help to prevent coronary disease, it is also a proven anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. Plus it regulates weight and slows down cognitive deterioration. And perhaps the most important thing of all – it makes you happy. Come again? Yes, you read it right – this amazing ingredient is capable of combating depressive episodes thanks to its monounsaturated acids. a diet high in unsaturated fats, vegetables, and fish is loaded with a slew of health benefits. New research has proven that certain fats are not only good for you, but essential for optimal health and Olive Oil has loads of monounsaturated fat and antioxidants
Some of the best olive oils come from Spain which is the worlds Number 1 Producer.
More and more people are adding more olive oil to their diet thanks to its association with ‘a longer and healthier life’.
If you want to look 60 when you get to 80, start looking after yourself right now add 5 teaspoons of olive oil a day to your diet – your heart, body and mind will thank you.
Here’s a couple of quick recipes
Oranges with Olive Oil and Sugar
Prepare these oranges with olive oil and sugar – slice the orange and sprinkle brown sugar, lightly pour olive oil and place under the broiler til the sugar turns golden brown. Awesome. You can also use grapefruit instead of the oranges – pink grapefruit work fantastic.
Bread with tomato, Garlic and Olive Oil
This is a classic breakfast option in Spain. Its easy to make: finely chop some fresh tomatoes and a clove of garlic. Toast the bread and drench it in olive oil. Pile with the tomato mixture. You can place under the broiler til the garlic toasts, perfect.
With simple, healthy recipes like these, Life with Olive Oil always tastes better. Just ensure you use a good quality Olive Oil.
Ham and Cheese Omelette Roll –
INGREDIENTS (4 people):
4 slices ham
4 slices cheese
3 tbsp. Olive Oil from Spain
1 frisée lettuce
1 cherry tomato
- Beat the eggs and season.
- Heat the Olive Oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add the beaten eggs spreading the mixture over the entire frying pan.
- Move the pan continually until the eggs are almost cooked, flip the omelette over using a plate and place in the pan again to cook on the other side.
- Remove the omelette from the frying pan and place it on a table.
- Cut the omelette into rectangles, place a slice of cheese and another of ham on top.
- Add some thyme.
- Roll the omelette up so the ham and cheese is on the inside.
- Cut one edge evenly and slice the other diagonally in the center.
Arrange both omelette rolls in the center of the plate, with the diagonal edges
facing upward. Decorate with a small amount of frisée lettuce and cherry tomatoes.