Now that we have had time to go through some of the Salted tutorials, it's true you really do learn best from experts. The Salted Chefs patiently take you through the steps to culinary delights. They include their signature dishes for you to make yourself - good way to look like a professional to family and friends. Even meals that seem complicated to try are presented in a matter of fact way that allows you to successfully make them. Some of our favorites are from Daniel Holzman, Chef at The Meatball Shop. He takes us through a meatball, garlic cutting lesson, and our favorite, chicken parmesan. Daniel also shows you how to make the best meatball - see the recipe and instructions below. So simple after you watch the lesson, you can't wait to try it.
We thought Salted was so good to watch and learn, we got you a Special
We took the Brunch Master Course and paired up our perfect omelett
with Watts Up Rosé. On Sale for $60/6 bottles – awesome!
The Perfect Meatball – by Dennis Holzman
YIELD: Makes about 2 dozen 1 1/2-inch balls
– Ground beef (2 pounds)
– Eggs (2)
– Salt (2 1/2 teaspoons)
– Bread crumbs (1/2 cup)
– Chili flakes (pinch)
– Fennel seed (pinch)
– Fresh parsley, chopped (1/4 cup)
– Fresh oregano, chopped (1/4 cup)
– Ricotta cheese (2 ounces)
– Olive oil
1. Combine the ground beef, eggs, and salt in a bowl.
2. Add the bread crumbs, chili flakes, fennel seeds, parsley, and oregano.
3. Add the ricotta cheese.
4. Mix the meat mixture with both hands.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly coat it with oil.
6. Before forming all the meatballs, cook one meatball in a frying pan with olive oil for around two minutes. Once cooked,
taste to make sure the meat is seasoned properly. Adjust seasoning as necessary.
7. Portion the meatballs by scooping the meat with an ice cream scooper. This will ensure that all the meatballs are a
similar size, about two ounces.
8. After the meat has been portioned out, form the meatballs by rolling them between both hands.
9. Place the meatballs in a 425 degree oven for about 17 to 20 minutes. Once cooked, serve with tomato sauce or use as